Peer Review Process
Peer Review Process is a process in which journals assess the quality of manuscripts prior to publication, are reviewed by relevant experts in their fields to review and comment on accepted manuscripts. This process aims to help editors determine whether a manuscript should be published in Juminten: Jurnal Manajemen Industri dan Teknologi
The Peer Review Process is basically a quality control mechanism, where experts evaluate manuscripts with the aim of ensuring the quality of published manuscripts. However, the peer reviewer does not make a decision to accept or reject the article, but provides a decision recommendation. In journals, decision-making authority rests solely with the journal editor or the journal's editorial board.
Juminten: Jurnal Manajemen Industri dan Teknologi uses a double-blind (double-blind peer-reviewed) type of review, namely the reviewer does not know the name of the author of the article, and the author does not know who reviewed the article. The accepted articles will be available online following the journal peer-reviewing process. Language used in this journal is English or Indonesia.
Estimated Timeline and Stage
- Submission: author(s) can adjust the submission time according to the review period;
- Initial review by editor (around 5 days): before the manuscript submitted to reviewer, editor can provide feedback in advance to author(s);
- Initial decision by Editor: manuscript can be submitted to reviewers or rejected;
- Review by reviewers: around 1-2 weeks after mansucript accepted for review process. The review time length maybe vary, depends on the reviewer;
- Reviewer recommendation and editorial team decision: to accept, reject, or suggest revision to author(s) based on reviewers’ recommendation;
- Revision by author(s): approximately 2 weeks;
- Editing for publication and author proofreading. (around 5 days)
More detailed information about manuscript can be found on JUMINTEN Journal’s Article Template.